PARENT ACTION TEAM
What is the Parent Action Team?
Shirley Hills Elementary invites all parents to join the Parent Action Team. As a part of the team, you are able to share ideas and ways to create partnerships with other parents between the school, families and community. The team will meet three times during the school year at 7:30am. The Meetings are held in the Parent Cottage located outside the 2nd grade hallway. Please see below for meeting dates.
Remember, parents are always welcome to submit suggestions or ideas throughout the school year. To learn more about the SHES Parent Action Team, please contact the Parent and Family Engagement Coordinator Heather Bowen or complete the interest form and return it your child’s teacher or the front office.
2019-2020 MEETING DATES
If you are unable to attend a meeting but would like to know what we covered. All meeting minutes are located under the PRESENTATIONS TAB.
Parents are always encouraged to give feed back concerning our school at any time. Feedback opportunities are listed below.
Surveys provided at the end of Parent Engagement Events (Parent Learning Lunches, EOG Parent Testing Night, and Title I Spring Surveys).
A Feedback Form can also be filled out by clicking on this link: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspxid=8pCcKuGlREOx-Fa-gHHqEQRt3K92NIlHljuyOx9TsOhUMUZCNlNDUjJDRzZYVkJXQTVDV1NHRkoxQi4u
2019-2020 TITLE I DOCUMENTS
Click on Files located below.
- 2019-2020 Title I Handbook.pdf
- School Improvement Plan.pdf
- Spring 2019 Comparing the Last 4 years of Title I Parent Surveys.pdf
- Spring 2019 Parent Survey Results.pdf
- Spring 2019 Parent Survey Follow-up.pdf
- 2018-2019 Title I Handbook with Grade Level Compacts and Parent Engagement Plan.pdf
- Parent Feedback Form.pdf
- Spring 2018 Title I Parent Survey Results.pdf
- Follow-Up from Spring 2018 Parent Satisfaction Survey.pdf
- Comparing Data- Spring 2018, Parent Satisfaction Results.pdf
- 2018-2019 Action Plan.pdf
- 18-19 District Family Engagement Plan.pdf
District /School State Report Card Link
The presentations for the Parent Learning Lunches and Parent Milestones Nights are under the PRESENTATIONS TAB located at the top of the page. This information is very helpful if you are helping your student with homework or preparing them for the state testing.
Parents are always encouraged to give feed back concerning our school at any time. Some of these ways are provided below.
Surveys are provided at the end of Parent/Family Engagement Events (Parent Learning Lunches, EOG Parent Testing Night, and Title I Spring Surveys).
Parents can also fill out a PARENT FEEDBACK FORM by clickling on this link https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=8pCcKuGlREOx-Fa-gHHqEQRt3K92NIlHljuyOx9TsOhUMUZCNlNDUjJDRzZYVkJXQTVDV1NHRkoxQi4u
Background Form Information
The Background Form is located under the FILES TAB located at the top of the page. This form is a part of the Parent Volunteer process. Once approved the background check is good for 5 years.
Online Parent Volunteer Orientation
If you would like to complete your volunteer orientation by viewing the presentation online please, do the following.
1. Click on the FILES TAB at the top of the page.
2. Click on the Parent Volunteer Orientation File.
3. View the Presentation.
4. Print and Sign the Confidentality Statement located on the last page of the presentation.
5. If you have any questions concerning the presentation please contact the Family Engagement Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or (478) 929-7824 ext. 37830.
Get Engaged in 2018-2019 by:
- Participating in Parent Learning Lunches
- Participating in Family Learning Nights
- Attending the Father Daughter Dance (TBD)
- Field Day
- Tutoring in the Classroom
- Helping in the Office
- Chaperoning On Field Trips
- Helping in the Library
- Being a Watch D.O.G. (A program for Dads and Male Role Models)-Starting back up in the Fall of 2018.
- Working with your child to complete Take Home Activities
- Attending our Annual Parent Title I Document Review Day (Held in the Spring)
- Being a part of our Parent Action Team
- Being a part of our School Council
- Attending Title I Night- Held in August
Family Resources 2018-2019
What: Are you looking for information on how to Parent Your Child , How To Discipline Your Child, What Does Title I Mean, Understanding The Georgia Common Core Performance Standards, And How To Help Your Child With School Work?
Where: Check out our Parent Resource Centers located in the front lobby of the school or the Parent Cottage located outside the 2nd grade hall from 8:00am-4:00pm each school day. See below for a listing of what we have available in the Parent Resource Center.
Phone: 478-929-7824 Ext:37830
- Spring_19_Kindergarten-2nd Grades_PLL-Reading.pdf
- Fall_18-19_3rd-5th Grades_Parent Learning Lunch_Math.pdf
- Fall_18-19_Kindergarten-2nd Grades_Parent Learning Lunch_Math Presentation.pdf
- Spring_19_Kindergarten-2nd Grades_PLL_Math.pdf
- Spring_19_3rd-5th Grades_PLL_Reading.pdf
- Fall_18-19_Kindergarten-2nd Grades Parent Learning Lunch_Reading and Writing.pdf
- Fall_18-19_3rd-5th Grades_Parent Learning Lunch_Reading and Writing.pdf